Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi all! i need three progis for burning CDs: 1. for cloning cds ( something like cloneCD 2. a burning software like NERO 3. a software for burning SVCDs and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

cd burning software

hi all!

i need three progis for burning CDs:

1. for cloning cds ( something like cloneCD
    2. a burning software like NERO
    3. a software for burning SVCDs and images

does anybody know which software to use?
    or any links for tutorials

thx in advance
    make install not love

Registered Linux user number 369245

Linux Engineer
    you can use many aplications however i favor either k3b or xcdroast.. personaly i use xcdroast it is far better interface (gtk owns) and k3b uses QT - ughh

both of these apps can do everything you wanted.

I vote for xcdroast (there are many others but i think these two are the most widly used.)

Linux Guru
    Does anyone know in advance if there are any GUI front-ends that can do IDE CD burning on 2.6 kernels?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    dolda2000: can xcdroast not do that? Are there some compatibility issues with the 2.6 kernel and older applications that im not aware of? I still use 2.4 still btw.

Linux Newbie
    It seem to me that the 2.6 kernels ,while supporting direct writitng to IDE cd burrners, that you must still specify ide-scsi in the boot parameters. I think that there isnt a ide-scsi module but it must be specified for reverse compatibility with un-updated configuration files in the boot-loader. I use 2.6.2 and have both my cd burrner and my dvd-rom set to ide-scsi and they can be accesed via luns 0,0,0 and 1,0,0 respectivly.