Find the answer to your Linux question:
Just updated to Mozilla 1.6 from 1.1 on Mandrake 9.0. Followed the recs of the Mozilla site, saying to create a Mozilla directory, extract the file there, and run the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Desktop link to updated Mozilla

Just updated to Mozilla 1.6 from 1.1 on Mandrake 9.0. Followed the recs of the Mozilla site, saying to create a Mozilla directory, extract the file there, and run the installer. All seems to work fine, and I placed a desktop icon linking to the application as follows:

/usr/local/mozilla/mozilla

This does indeed open Mozilla, but then a second Mozilla window tries to open. It never does, just the hourglass spinning for about ten seconds, then disappears.

I did my best to remove all references to the old Mozilla 1.1

Yet if I open Mozilla from the command line, the "shadow" Mozilla doesn't appear.

Is there a better way to link to Mozilla? An icon doesn't show under "Networking" on Konquerer like it used to do.

Thanks for any advice.

I believe the path should include the version number.
    Me & Myself just ganged up on I....... Now We all have problems..and none of Us are speaking!
    bash-3.00$ uname -a
    SunOS sparky 5.11 OpenSolaris-swa sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise

Just Joined!
    I might be misunderstanding something, but the only applicable files after the install are named Mozilla. In other words, nothing is named Mozilla1.6, so it would seem any such path would fail, unless I'm confused.

That strange thing to me is that if using the CLI I go to /usr/local/mozilla and run ./mozilla, the app opens and runs fine. But putting /usr/loca/mozilla/mozilla in the desktop link causes the problem.

I'm sure I'm overlooking something...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close