Find the answer to your Linux question:
I recently ripped my itunes purchased music from the protected *.m4p to mp3 using tunebite on WinXP so I can complete the move to linux. The new mp3 work fine ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Banshee 0.10.9, MP3 wont play...

I recently ripped my itunes purchased music from the protected *.m4p to mp3 using tunebite on WinXP so I can complete the move to linux. The new mp3 work fine on winblows without having to be an authorized user, they work on Suse 10.1 using all players except Banshee. Banshee returns error:

"Problem with Player Engin - Message did not receive a reply(timeout by message buss).

the first time you click on one then it just does nothing with the files if you try them a second time. I really need Banshee for my ipod, and its functionality if anyone has any ideas as to how to fix this they would be much apprieciated.

cont...

I should have mentioned that Banshee does play all my other files and file formats...

Did you install all the necessary codecs ?
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

amaroK

Well I will persue efforts to fix Banshee, amaroK is to awesome to not use and it support my ipod so I just converted everything to 160bit MP3's. Long live amaroK!!!
    Thanks...