Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a lot of music and one album cover for all my albums, I cant find where this one picture file is located that has associated its self with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

amaroK - Album covers

I have a lot of music and one album cover for all my albums, I cant find where this one picture file is located that has associated its self with all my albums and using amaroK to unset album covers does not appear to be working. Anyone know where they are stored so i can remove this single cover?

They are stored in the amarok config files, I think possibly in its own database. You can use the album cover manager to set images, and there is a copycover script that will copy the covers of played music into that directory. Next scan should pick up that cover as the correct one for the album.

If all of your music is getting the same album cover - are your tags correct?

Refresh

Ok let me try again. Either all my mp3 tags have the same album art associated with them or the amaroK database is incorrect as all albums have the same art. I have a computer in my car with linux using amaroK now. I want to correct the many album art or remove them completely. The car doesnt have internet and there are too many albums to correct individually/manually anyway. How can I clear the database(to which i dont know its name or location) or move the database from my house computer to the car via disk(still dont know the database name or location). Please advise...

You can move your database by grabbing it from ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok and ~/.kde/share/config/amarok*

You will find your album covers in the first directory. If you want to correct it on another computer make sure the relative paths for your music files are the same - /home/$user/music on both machines for example. If you need to retag by hand - and you may need to , I find the musicbrainz tagger unreliable - I find the easiest thing to do is to use file view and drag them in album at a time, and at least get the album/artist tag corrected in bulk.