Hi all, I'm trying to finish out a program under FC5 with g++, and it's giving me file errors. Long story short, I read text from one file, call it "A", process the data, and then output to a temp file "B". I remove "A" and rename "B" as "A".

The program is a two-way operation, and the "first way" works great. It manipulates the data and replaces the files exactly as it's supposed to. However, when I run the reverse process, expecting to get a file not unlike the original (I use almost same exact procedure, minus the data manipulation functions), something goes funky. When I use "more" to view the file, I get a blank line. When I open the file in vim, I get a line full of this: ^@^@^@^@^@^@^@ And when I try to open the file in gedit, it yells at me, ranting on about invalid character encoding.

-Please advise.