Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi There I am currently using ClarkConnect 3.2 (which I believe is based on Red Hat) as my server to many Windows (XP Pro) clients. I am looking for a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    BCo
    Just Joined!

Recommended Fax Server?

Hi There

I am currently using ClarkConnect 3.2 (which I believe is based on Red Hat) as my server to many Windows (XP Pro) clients. I am looking for a Fax Server (plus Windows client software) on the Linux Server which my clients can monitor and send faxes out via a standard dial-up modem.

ClarkConnect comes with Hylafax built-in, but unfortunately does not allow any real-time monitoring of faxes (fax-queues, status, faxing errors, engaged tones, retries, etc). Hylafax only gives an email notification (to the individual client) on a fax success or failure.

Can anyone recommend to me a fax server on the Linux plus appropriate Windows client software please? My company is willing to spend a little budget on this.

-- Many Thanks
    BCo

Just Joined!

Use Webmin Hylafax Module

You can setup webmin and use the Hylafax module to see whats happening.

BCo
    Just Joined!
    Webmin access is limited to Administrators only, and I do not wish to give users access to Webmin. It is also rather cumbersome (for users) to hit the internet, access the webmin site, login to webmin and then view the appropriate module; all just to see their single (or bulk) fax go through or not.

My clients want to just click on an icon on their Windows desktop (or go through Printers and Faxes for example) and instantly see the status of their fax messages, deleting their faxes if necessary (due to long queues or fax-failures).