Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all! I keep team results for a small club and have always used a table in MS Word. Now I am spending more time with Linux and wish to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Open Office table problem

Hi all! I keep team results for a small club and have always used a table in MS Word. Now I am spending more time with Linux and wish to keep the results using OOffice. My problem is that with MSWord I was able to use SORT facility by highlighting all the figures and click sort in descending order (1 click). I can't seem to find how to achieve this in a table in OOffice
    I Have attached an example, the top is before the bottom is the end result I am after in OO. Any help would be appreciated.
    Dual boot with Ubuntu/XP.
    Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just Joined!
    As I have been supplied the answer by the poster acknak on open office forum which worked I have posted that reply here just in case someone else has the same problem.
    answer:
    1) Check Table properties > Text Flow > Repeat heading; set to 1 row. This tells OOo not to sort the first row.
    2) Select the numeric data cells and change their format to “Number/General” (Table > Number Format). This avoids a sorting bug that was only fixed in the most recent OOo (2.0.4).
    3) Select the entire table (click outside the upper left corner of the table, or in any cell and type Ctrl+A twice)
    4) Table > Sort, or click the "A/Z" icon in the table toolbar (if visible).
    5) Key 1: Column 2 (“Points”): Numeric, descending
    Key 2: Column 5 (“Diff”): Numeric, descending
    6) OK
    Of course the columns are specific to my example given and may vary in other examples , but the process would be the same.
    regards