Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello again all. I am now trying to burn raw to cd using cdrdao. The ony stuff I have found so far concerns burning audio mostly. I would just use ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Little cdrdao help

Hello again all. I am now trying to burn raw to cd using cdrdao. The ony stuff I have found so far concerns burning audio mostly. I would just use cdrecord as I am fairly comfortable with the syntax now, but the CD I'm trying to burn requires that the .bin file be written raw, DAO, at 2352 byte blocks, Mode1.
    I can't seem to wrap my brain around the syntax of cue files I guess. can anyone suggest a direction that I could look in to find more info regarding burning Data with cdrdao?
    Thanks

So, let me try to understand. A poster posts a question detailing to the best of his/her ability the quandry at hand in hopes of possibly receiving some guidance. After 20 users view the post, none have commented. I guess that I can safely assume, since I have never had such a hard time getting even an "I don't know what you are talking about could you clarify the point a bit" out of any post yet, that none of the users that have viewed this particular post may know the answer to my problem, or aren't willing to even tell me to take a hike.
    What is up? I have been bangin' away at learning the beautiful thing that is Linux since the early part of 1998. It has been a slow and ofttimes difficult journey, but I have always felt supported by the likes of this forum, and others like it. Now I question whether there are too many questions and not enough answerers (pardon the malapropism), or if there are certain catagories of things deemed not worthy of assistance.
    Oh, and don't get me wrong. I've read tons of stuff where some guy is totally enraged because the people offering support are asking for specific things that may surpass the user's skillset. I've seen these frusterated people lash out on you, the support group, wrongly because they just don't understand what you are trying to get them to see. What I'm saying is that by posting nothing, that tells me "Go away, your problem isn't even worth the 5 seconds that it would require to post "I don't know, have you tried google?"".

I'm not completely shure about your problem, and cdrdao is used for burning audio cd's..

BUT

Is it .bin .que files that you are trying to burn? In that case, you must convert them to ISO files and then burn 'em.

Good luck

Yeah, it is a .bin file that I am trying to burn. So I don't suppose that renaming the file somefile.iso is all that I need to do to get it to work is it?

no, you must convert them to iso9660 using eg. this tool: http://freshmeat.net/projects/bchunk/

Kriss