Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I'm trying to download Mandriva 2007 and Azureus has been frozen at 18.8kbs down for 10mins and I'm not getting past .01%. EDIT: now I'm at 313.7kbs down and I'm ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Azureus probelm

I'm trying to download Mandriva 2007 and Azureus has been frozen at 18.8kbs down for 10mins and I'm not getting past .01%.

EDIT: now I'm at 313.7kbs down and I'm at 4.7%

Also I have a hardrive in my computer still with the format of ntfs and Azureus says they're read only so I can't seed them.

Bells and Whistles

I had problems when trying to download with Azureus(random freezes, speed problems), problems which I did not have with BitTorrent(for the same file).

BitTorrent just went through the file at a constant (high) speed.

Azureus has a lot of bells and whistles but I think it doesn't do the basic job of downloading properly.

Quote Originally Posted by GODDLY
    Also I have a hardrive in my computer still with the format of ntfs and Azureus says they're read only so I can't seed them.
    Do you mean "see them?" Right now, NTFS is only stable for read-only, meaning you can see and read the files you have on that drive but can't modify them. If you would like, you can try ntfs-3g which will enable write support but is not yet entirely stable. Although, I have heard many people who have used it without any problems.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrillhouse
    If you would like, you can try ntfs-3g which will enable write support but is not yet entirely stable. Although, I have heard many people who have used it without any problems.
    ntfs-3g's beta version is available. i am using it. a bit tricky to setup. it works fine. no problems yet.

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Also how do you start Azureus after you've installed it? I mean it starts after I instlled it but how do I start it back up if I'm to turn it off?

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by unchiujar
    I had problems when trying to download with Azureus(random freezes, speed problems), problems which I did not have with BitTorrent(for the same file).

BitTorrent just went through the file at a constant (high) speed.

Azureus has a lot of bells and whistles but I think it doesn't do the basic job of downloading properly.
    I only had problems with azureus freezing and general bugginess on ubuntu. Every other distro where I've used azureus it was stable, a resource hog certainly, but stable.

As far as speed goes, slow download rates are usually the result of not forwarding the ports through iptables (the linux firewall).

I'm not a fan of BitTorrent. Have you tried using utorrent through wine? It works like a charm.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDLY
    Also how do you start Azureus after you've installed it? I mean it starts after I instlled it but how do I start it back up if I'm to turn it off?
    You could make a shortcut for it, or simply type in azureus at a terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by mahlerfan
    I only had problems with azureus freezing and general bugginess on ubuntu. Every other distro where I've used azureus it was stable, a resource hog certainly, but stable.

As far as speed goes, slow download rates are usually the result of not forwarding the ports through iptables (the linux firewall).

I'm not a fan of BitTorrent. Have you tried using utorrent through wine? It works like a charm.
    I ran BitTorrent in the same conditions as Azureus. By the way, it was on Fedora 5. My firewall was turned off (because I was frustrated with the slow speed) and my computer was set as DMZ on the router.

Linux Newbie
    I ran BitTorrent in the same conditions as Azureus. By the way, it was on Fedora 5. My firewall was turned off (because I was frustrated with the slow speed) and my computer was set as DMZ on the router.
    And SELinux disabled? Well I don't know what to say. I've ran Azureus fine on FC 5.

That's probably because you used Azureus with Fedora Core 5 default java.

Azureus rely on java, and it performs horibly with GCJ. You MUST use Sun's Java to get it working properly.
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast