Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi folks, Can you please recommend a simple package to join and melt .pdf files. googling and wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PDF_software found many of them. TIA B.R. satimis...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

package to join and melt pdf files

Hi folks,

Can you please recommend a simple package to join and melt .pdf files. googling and wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PDF_software

found many of them. TIA

B.R.
    satimis

Linux Newbie
    I don't know what program specifically supports combining two PDF files, but you could try flpsed. It allows you to convert a PDF to PostScript to edit it and then convert back to PDF.

Linux Guru
    Hi Marsolin,

Tks for your advice.

I found several tools for joining and melting .pdf files, such as joinPDF, pdfjam, scribus, etc. I have no idea which of them will suit my application. I only need a simple tool to join .pdf files and split .pdf file to pages, nothing else. So I started posting seeking folks' advice from their experience.

B.R.
    satimis

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by satimis
    Hi Marsolin,

Tks for your advice.

I found several tools for joining and melting .pdf files, such as joinPDF, pdfjam, scribus, etc. I have no idea which of them will suit my application. I only need a simple tool to join .pdf files and split .pdf file to pages, nothing else. So I started posting seeking folks' advice from their experience.

B.R.
    satimis
    Thanks for the info. I'll have to add a couple of those to my database. And I wasn't aware that Scribus could do that.