Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Apple to PC file transfer?

Lately, my teacher has been looking for a way to get rid of her old Apple IIgs's. The only problem is that she really wants some of the old software for her classes. She said that if I could come up with a way to transfer the files, she'd make sure I got one of those good ol' artifacts. I've been looking into it and started thinking that Linux might have some sort of floppy driver for reading Mac HFS formatted 3 1/4" floppies. More specifically, I need to get a .dsk image of the floppy so that I can load it into an emulator which she can use on her new (M$ windows) computers, but just getting a copy of the files would work as well. I heard about a way to do such a thing in windows... for a price, so I'm fairly sure its possible. I need it to be via floppy because its the easiest possibility. And besides that, I don't think Apple IIgs's have TCP/IP support... Do they?

There is an xapple2 emulator program that you could try.

As for getting the files, what distro are you using? There are a few packages called hfsplus, hfsutils, and hfsutils-tcltk in Debian. The home page for the utils is