Find the answer to your Linux question:
Lately, my teacher has been looking for a way to get rid of her old Apple IIgs's. The only problem is that she really wants some of the old software ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Apple to PC file transfer?

Lately, my teacher has been looking for a way to get rid of her old Apple IIgs's. The only problem is that she really wants some of the old software for her classes. She said that if I could come up with a way to transfer the files, she'd make sure I got one of those good ol' artifacts. I've been looking into it and started thinking that Linux might have some sort of floppy driver for reading Mac HFS formatted 3 1/4" floppies. More specifically, I need to get a .dsk image of the floppy so that I can load it into an emulator which she can use on her new (M$ windows) computers, but just getting a copy of the files would work as well. I heard about a way to do such a thing in windows... for a price, so I'm fairly sure its possible. I need it to be via floppy because its the easiest possibility. And besides that, I don't think Apple IIgs's have TCP/IP support... Do they?

Linux Newbie
    There is an xapple2 emulator program that you could try.

As for getting the files, what distro are you using? There are a few packages called hfsplus, hfsutils, and hfsutils-tcltk in Debian. The home page for the utils is http://www.mars.org/home/rob/proj/hfs/.