Find the answer to your Linux question:
for some reason I'm still having problems playing window's media files in xine, even after I installed the Win32 codecs. It's still saying I don't have "wmvdmod.dll" even though I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

xine; can't play wmv files.

for some reason I'm still having problems playing window's media files in xine, even after I installed the Win32 codecs. It's still saying I don't have "wmvdmod.dll" even though I have about 3 copies in 3 different xine directories.

I'm wonering if I have the files in the wrong place? Am I missing something? Something needs to be tweaked? I'm clueless.

I tired posting a screenshot, but I can't get the image size down enough and still be able to read it.

I have the codecs on /usr/lib/codecs and they work just fine
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Just Joined!
    okay good news, bad news

For some reason the video plays now, but it's very choppy.

i ran xine-check and it said I had mulitiple version of xine installed. I recently did an upgrade of xine and thought it copied over the old version, guess it didn't.

It also said my version of X server doesn't support YV12 overlays.

so how do I go about fixing this, I got installing/compliling down, never did an uninstall before.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    You can unistall by
    "make uninstall"
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums