Find the answer to your Linux question:
Has anyone got this application to run successfully using the Gnome desktop? I had no issues installing it with all required dependencies on SLED 10 and Gnome as my desktop. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

3GP Movie Wizard

Has anyone got this application to run successfully using the Gnome desktop? I had no issues installing it with all required dependencies on SLED 10 and Gnome as my desktop. Though when I click on the shortcut "3GP Movie Wizard" the application won't load. While I can still use "Lin3gp" as an alternative to encode video for mobile devices, etc I would prefer to use 3GP Movie Wizard which is more user friendly.

Thumbs down

Have you tried running it from the CLI? What is the output there?

How did you install it? Source? RPM?

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Quote Originally Posted by bryansmith
    Have you tried running it from the CLI? What is the output there?

How did you install it? Source? RPM?

Bryan
    Running 3gpwiz from the Terminal I get the following:

"tmpfile=/tmp/movie
    3gpwiz ver. 1.0 (C) Domjan Svilkovic
    Convert any movie format to a 3gp movie, suitable for watching on a mobile phone.
    Syntax: 3gpwiz source_movie
    ... where source_movie can be either a filename or a dvd://title"

When I check running processes in Gnome's System Monitor I don't see 3gpwiz listed. As for the installation type it was from the Packman SUSE Linux RPM repository via ZMD (ZenWorks Management Daemon) which auto-detects dependecies/conflicts during installation.

Reference:

http://packman.links2linux.org/package/3gpwiz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    It appears that you haven't run the program with a source file sent as a parameter. This would explain why the program didn't show up in the system monitor as it wasn't running. What happens when you run it from the command line with a file as a parameter?

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Quote Originally Posted by bryansmith
    It appears that you haven't run the program with a source file sent as a parameter. This would explain why the program didn't show up in the system monitor as it wasn't running. What happens when you run it from the command line with a file as a parameter?

Bryan
    Issue appears resolved..sort of While I can't open 3GP Movie Wizard using "3gpwiz" as the "read me" instructs from a Terminal, I can open the program by right mouse clicking a video file and selecting "Open with 3GP Movie Wizard".