Find the answer to your Linux question:
My employer is in the process of removing support for IMAP and transferring all its email operations to MS Exchange, with (it believes) the added benefits of calendaring, calendar sharing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Accessing MS Exchange server - best client?

My employer is in the process of removing support for IMAP and transferring all its email operations to MS Exchange, with (it believes) the added benefits of calendaring, calendar sharing and the rest.

Now, I currently have the following options: Evolution, MS Outlook under wine, MS web client in firefox or opera, or the MS Client in IE under wine.

There are problems with all of these options. Evolution is good, except that it can't retrieve attachments removed from the server and archived after 45 days; the newer versions of outlook don't run in wine; the web client only gives a cut-down version in firefox or opera; I don't know if IE under wine will also support the "premium" web client.

Are there any other options - open source or commercial? Will the Bynari Insight Client work for me, or is it not being developed any more?

Thanks very much,
    -A.

There's ies4linux: http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page

I have never tried it but it apparently works well at getting IE working under linux.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Linux Newbie
    What version of Evolution did you try? I've heard that some versions work better than others. I saw a report that version 2.8 works, but there wasn't any specific mention of the feature you mentioned.