Find the answer to your Linux question:
I installed compiz added the line that everyone says to add in your xorg.conf, followed a wiki on how to get xgl up and running, booted into an xgl session ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Content Team

beryl and compiz have no windows borders, but some effects are working (ubuntu 6.10)

I installed compiz added the line that everyone says to add in your xorg.conf, followed a wiki on how to get xgl up and running, booted into an xgl session now I run compiz without errors but still cant get a window manager... I also can run beryl-manager and have all my effects(rotating cube, and other stuff) but dont have a window border

I found compiz-freedesktop for 64bit and replaced compiz with it, now when i do "compiz-tray-icon" it gives me this huge list of plugins which arent installed, and i cant find anywhere where it tells to install these plugins or how.

this crashes my system: gnome-window-decorator & compiz --replace --use-cow gconf

by the way, im using nvidia drivers on 64 bit edgy.

Run compiz or beryl first - then run the window decorator. Also the ampersand doesn't join commands, it runs them in the background. You need to to join a command (&&)

for compiz try
    Code:
    compiz --replace gconf &
    gnome-window-decorator &
    Or for beryl try
    Code:
    beryl &
    emerald --replace &
    beryl-settings-manager &

Just Joined!
    this works for me:
    Code: