Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, Last night i downloaded two dvd iso's one after the other bothe the same distro different arc. Using k3b 0.12.17 on KDE 3.4.2 level b on suse 10.0 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question k3b md5 sum identification

Hi all,

Last night i downloaded two dvd iso's one after the other bothe the same distro different arc.

Using k3b 0.12.17 on KDE 3.4.2 level b on suse 10.0 the iso's do not chek out with the SHA1SUM files.

the process i used for checking was to right click the iso's select k3b which then automatically builds a md5 sum number.

It would seem a cut and dry case except that i have in the not too distant past had my conection drop during a download way before the total amount expected and when i had a look at this k3b said it was ok with a green tick.

Is there another way i can check the iso all the help is for windows users that i have found so far,

I will now go and burn one to a dvd rw and try the check before install to see what i get but and info welcome.

Just Joined!
    Hi,

Well, i have answered my own question, however i have come back to round up the post as i think i should do.

k3b has not been correct for me at checking the iso's i used the mediacheck facility at the initial stages of install for both the downloads ounce burnt to disc and they varified ok !

I have now completed the installation of one of the distros and am using it now.

I believe i should therefore submit a bug but unfortunatly do not know how to go about sending the pertinent info, or even obtaining it myself and have now installed on the same HDD.

Perhaps someone more capable could re-create the error and have the oportunity to bring it to the k3b teams attention.

Nick