Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I'm starting using Evolution, but I see a strange behaviour. When deleting a mesage, it did'nt actually delete itself: it still remains in the folder, but displaying iwith a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Ximian Evolution

Hello,
    I'm starting using Evolution, but I see a strange behaviour.
    When deleting a mesage, it did'nt actually delete itself: it still remains in the folder, but displaying iwith a line in the middle of characters (as a "completed task").
    A copy of this message is moved also in trash folder, but even this message can't be deleted from trash!

Help me please!

Thank you.
    (I'm using red hat 8.0)

Linux Engineer
    When you delete a message it puts a line through it showing that its marked for deletion. In the menu, there is a purge/empty trash/expunge option which deletes them. There is probably an option somewhere to hide messages marked for deletion so you don't see them with a line going through it.

Linux User

Shortcut key?

A lot of big systems with email use a similar function e.g. Lotus Notes. Is there not a shortcut key to purge these docs. In notes its F9. Or a setting somewhere to purge deleted docs on exit?

Would be interested to know.
    No trees were harmed during the creation of this message. Its made from a blend of elephant tusk and dolphin meat.

Linux Enthusiast
    <ctrl>-x in evolution last I checked
    $ in mutt (mutt does the same thing, but instead of strikethrough, it just puts a D next to the message)
    I respectfully decline the invitation to join your delusion.

Just Joined!

Ximian Evolution - expunge

It's Ctrl-E ... just discovered it myself today - after my initial frustration over the same thing