Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi Good day i have a problem. the gaim messenger disapears after loging in . actualy it was working normaly but when i was chatting in a window when i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

gaim messenger disappers after loging in

hi
    Good day
    i have a problem. the gaim messenger disapears after loging in .
    actualy it was working normaly but when i was chatting in a window when i blocked one buddy by right clicking on chatting window, after that it disappered. now each time when i reconnect it it disappers after logging in and i do not see my buddies and i cant chatt plz
    help me

thnks in advance

Have you tried running gaim from a terminal to see if it prints an error message?
    Flies of a particular kind, i.e. time-flies, are fond of an arrow.

Registered Linux User #408794

Just Joined!

it prints no error and show connecting window with progressbar

it prints no error message and login in window appers when it connect successfully it disappears, and i cant see by budies

plz help

As a last result you can delete(or better rename) your gaim settings from your home directory. You can then start with a fresh configuration, as the old one may just be corrupt. Delete the .gaim from your home directory.

Just Joined!

Kindly let me know how to install Gaim through rpm on RH9

friend .. kindly help how to install gaim on redhat -9

Just Joined!
    If you log your convos then mv the dir to a different name rather than delete it. You can copy the convo logs over to the new .gaim dir after it's created. That suggestion should fix the problem as bigtomrodney suggested. You'll have to re-add blocked users as well.

In answer to prusty there are likely no modern RPMs for Gaim for RH9. What you can do instead is install from tarball or use checkinstall to create an RPM for RH9 from the tarball. Though I'd suggest moving to Fedora. RH9 is a really ancient distro. I know I hate changing that works. Was running FC3 on this machine until a few weeks ago until I finally went to FC6. There are so many things out there not supported or well supported under RH9. Finding RPMs for RH9 has to be a real bear nowdays. When I finally went from RH9 to FC3 on this machine it was because finding RPMs got to be a real pain. That was years ago when FC3 was new.

Just Joined!

source code regarding cd writing

Hi.. Frd

i desparetly need the source code of "how to burn a data disc on linux".i m using MKIOSF and Cdrecoder..i need a utility for this . how to burn it.. kindly help me

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by deelip_prusty
    Hi.. Frd

i desparetly need the source code of "how to burn a data disc on linux".i m using MKIOSF and Cdrecoder..i need a utility for this . how to burn it.. kindly help me

K3b is the best burning software out there. You might be able to get it to compile on RH9 if you've been upgrading the rest or the system. XCDroast works in a pinch and should have come default with RH9. It's not pretty, breaks often but is far easier than command line for some things.Run XCDroast as root. K3b rocks. If you can get it working on your system you'll love it. Most modern distros install it by default. You'll also have to have the KDE libs installed to use it. There are other dependancies.

Just Joined!

need guide regarding GUI interface for cdwriting

hi frds,
    i am working on project to make a gui interface for the linux users on cdwriting.
    i am using the cdrecord and mkisofs command line utility.m getting problem when more than one cd drives are threre .then how do i do scan bus on gui interface kindly guide me on this matter

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by deelip_prusty
    hi frds,
    i am working on project to make a gui interface for the linux users on cdwriting.
    i am using the cdrecord and mkisofs command line utility.m getting problem when more than one cd drives are threre .then how do i do scan bus on gui interface kindly guide me on this matter
    cdrecord -scanbus or --scanbus forget which. Cdrecord is apparently broken in FC6. Been a while since I burned from the command line.
    It'll list all your SCSI devices. All burners to cdrecord look like scsi devices. Parse the results for burners. It'll list what bus, channel and a string of info such as model and what kind of device it is.

You'll get more response by creating a new thread though. I'd look into the source of K3B and see how they search for burners.