Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi friends, I am using Fedora core 5. Sometime ago I changed the look/theme in Mozilla and ever since I am unable to use mozilla. If I type /usr/bin/mozilla in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mozilla and Firefox problems

Hi friends,
    I am using Fedora core 5. Sometime ago I changed the look/theme in Mozilla and ever since I am unable to use mozilla. If I type /usr/bin/mozilla in the shell, nothing happens and I return to the shell. As in

$/usr/bin/mozilla
    $

There is no error message or anything. I cant even change the look/theme back, because I cant start mozilla.

I have problems with firefox as well. It works fine for some websites, but suddenly crashes when I try to go to some other websites. It always crashes when I try to visit mail.yahoo.com and our linuxforums website. I am indeed posting this message using mozilla on windows. Opera is working fine, but it takes ages to load the mail.yahoo.com web page. I have no idea why this is happening. Please help.

Linux User
    Hi tnlg102,
    You can delete the .mozilla directory in your home directory. But this will remove all profiles, bookmarks, etc. If you want you can backup the bookmarks, you copy it to some other location and then later store it to the new .mozilla directory with default configuration that gets created when you launch the browser again.

With Regards,
    Thinker

Just Joined!
    Thanks thinker.

Just Joined!
    Hi Thinker, but if he will delete .mozilla dir, he will delete mozila config file too ? And then he needs to confing it again ? Am I rigth..?

Linux User
    Hi Aram,
    Yes, deleting .mozilla directory will remove the preferences which are stored in prefs.js in the .mozilla/firefox/????.default/ directory. I used "????" in front of ".default", because that part before default is different everytime you recreate it. If you back up prefs.js file, you can replace the newly created one with this one. But, we are speaking about Mozilla Firefox only right? It is not very difficult to configure it.

With Regards,
    Thinker