Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi ! I am using slackware 9.1 and I am having trouble setting up Diamond Fire GL on a Dell828 fi monitor with x86config. I run xf86config and adjust everything ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Need help adjusting xf86config for Diamond FireGL1

Hi ! I am using slackware 9.1 and I am having trouble setting up Diamond Fire GL on a Dell828 fi monitor with x86config. I run xf86config and adjust everything and try to run startx, but (EE) No screens detected is the message I get. I enter the accurate values for the refresh rates and everything but I am not shure that Diamond FireGL 1000 (which is available to choose in the xf86config menu) is really FireGL1 ? Did anyone here have experience with this card ? Many thanks.

Linux Engineer
    haev u tried a radeon driver, if that fails do a search on google for fireGL driver linux

Linux Newbie
    Thanks. I will try that. In the mean time I searched the internet and found a 16 MB driver from ATI for their FireGL card. I am not shure that it will work with diamond. Getting FireGl1 to work under X is really an issue as I found out on other sites. Hope I will get it up and running. I also tested a lot of drivers in xf86config and now get the message:
    Screen detected but no usable configuration found. Height 0 is to small (1 is minimum)

Thanks for the reply . Will try radeon.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close