Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm running slackware 9.1 on a pentium 100 mHz procesor. I wanted to know if there was a way to recompile or emulate OS X under Linux....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Is there a way to run Mac OS X apps under Linux

I'm running slackware 9.1 on a pentium 100 mHz procesor. I wanted to know if there was a way to recompile or emulate OS X under Linux.

Linux Engineer
    Wow, that would be neat. I'm under the impression that Mac OS X is not available for Linux but you can install 3ddesktop to emulate their "fast user switch" tool.
    The best things in life are free.

Just Joined!
    can you run OS X programs under Linux?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    Well, are any of them open source? I'm thinking there are probably applications that can run on both platforms but the specific apps that are released for OS X is probably proprietary so the chances of running them on Linux is probably slim.
    The best things in life are free.

Just Joined!
    I was thinking rather than use wine to run windows programs it would be nice
    to run OS X programs. I heard it uses a unix core so i thought it might be possible to mess with the code to get it to work under linux.

Linux Engineer
    as bpark said. you can make any app run on any platform if its open source and a programmer. if its proprietry closed source then no, definatly not (unless there is an emulator)

Just Joined!
    sorry, but running mac programs on linux would take a decade to develop, by which time os x will be obselete, mac programs are more than mac programs, they are java, they are cocoa, they are carbon, they are universal bianary, the only thing mac os x and linux have in common is the unix core, the kernal, the GUI are all different, although you may be able to compile linux versions of certain apps from source code. like the open source webkit project