Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi,iam new to linux and have just installed rehat8.0 Can anybody give me help on wht application to install for viewing my video files on linuxand how to use it....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Media player help

hi,iam new to linux and have just installed rehat8.0
    Can anybody give me help on wht application to install for viewing my video files on linuxand how to use it.

Linux Engineer
    Install mplayer

Linux Guru
    For that, see http://www.mplayerhq.hu/. Note, that MPlayer is far better than anything Microsoft has designed, but it's not too easy to install, since you'll have to compile it from source to gain full architecture optimization. Hopefully, you'll find a README that describes how to do that.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast
    they have pretty complete instructions on installation/use. They also support RealMedia files if you download the linux realplayer then just extract the libraries (.so files). You don't even need that crappy GUI that RealPlayer ships
    I respectfully decline the invitation to join your delusion.

Linux Enthusiast
    I have instructions on how to install Mplayer on my guide (see link in my sig).
    You can just get the source and install it or get whatever rpm you need if your distro uses them. I also explain how to do the dependencies.

I give very easy instructions on how to install Mplayer for red hat 7.3 and red hat 8.0 on my site.