Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, I'm completely new to linux, I'm looking for a ftp client ive tried kbear and another one i found on kde-apps.org but i get errors trying to install both. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

FTP Clients

Hey, I'm completely new to linux, I'm looking for a ftp client ive tried kbear and another one i found on kde-apps.org but i get errors trying to install both. I have used the one that comes with the gnome interface, is it possible if i install this that i can use it whilst using the kde interface, or wouldn't it work?

Thanks for any help I get.

Try gftp (GUI) or ncftp (console-based). I'd put my vote on the last one, its really good.

Good luck

Linux User

gftp and stuff

gftp is excellent - thats probably the one you used in the gnome interface.

if you were setting up your own linux distro then you could choose what to install and may only go with one of the desktops either gnome or kde. However, most distros install the shared libraries needed to run programs written for either.
    No trees were harmed during the creation of this message. Its made from a blend of elephant tusk and dolphin meat.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    I have used Gftp before but got bearftp on my new installed Mandrake 10 which i think workes great...try it out if you like..
    Regards

Andutt

Linux Newbie

ftp?

I use "ftp"