Find the answer to your Linux question:
Me and my bro have had this idea (mainly for the home not office). The main idea is to have one machine that would use something like kopete to connect ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Multiple log in to MSN

Me and my bro have had this idea (mainly for the home not office).
    The main idea is to have one machine that would use something like kopete to connect to MSN servers with an account, and the same pc will then allow a different pc to log in, and have the connection allowing the user to be logged in from multiple pc's. Now i know as standard this is not allowed as MSN disconnects u if u sign in from a diff location/pc/x server. Basically u would need a kopete proxy so it just appears as if the connection's coming from ONE pc, not changing all the time.

Can anyone think of a way to do this? i assume something like squid will not do this? as u will get disconnected if u sign in from a different pc?
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

don
    Linux Newbie
    im afraid it could be very difficult, because the msn server disconnects u not just if u are on a different(real or virtual) machine, but also if u run multiple instance on the same PC and try to sign in using the same account. So only way i can think off is to hack the messenger client to not sign in if an existing instance already has... good luck with it and please post the outcome
    I\'m just a simple fisherman blessed with a lot of friends