Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a client that runs a beef cattle operation and would like to move away from Windows to Linux. I can't find a program for Linux and I HAVE ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Thumbs down need farm application

I have a client that runs a beef cattle operation and would like to move away from Windows to Linux. I can't find a program for Linux and I HAVE looked. Any suggestions (I'd rather not program it myself).

Quote Originally Posted by djheadley
    I have a client that runs a beef cattle operation and would like to move away from Windows to Linux.
    What kind of program is it, djheadley? It seems to me that some beef cattle operations could be run on an Excel spreadsheet, but if that were the case I'm sure you wouldn't be posting this. So what kind of application do you need?

Just Joined!
    What do you mean by saying beef cattle ?

drl
    Saint Paul, MN, USA / CentOS, Debian, Slackware, {Free, Open, Net}BSD, Solaris
    Hi, djheadley.

Although I live in a state that has a large agricultural component, I know very little about that business. However, poking around at the University of Minnesota revealed a few software items.

Using "software linux agricultural" got 1M hits. Using farm as a search item is probably not useful, because of compile farms, search farms, etc.

It might help if you posted what package your client is now using.

For example, I used Google to search for finpack and linux. It was not particularly successful, yielding only 6 hits, but perhaps you get the idea.

There may be some research groups at academic organizations that are using Linux. Sometimes those need to be searched individually because they are not commercial ... cheers, drl
    Welcome - get the most out of the forum by reading forum basics and guidelines: click here.
    90% of questions can be answered by using man pages, Quick Search, Advanced Search, Google search, Wikipedia.
    We look forward to helping you with the challenge of the other 10%.
    ( Mn, 2.6.n, AMD-64 3000+, ASUS A8V Deluxe, 1 GB, SATA + IDE, Matrox G400 AGP )