Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I would like to know if there is an application in Linux able to read and view documents in MHTML format (these are the documents, for example, that the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

how to view documents in mhtml format (*.mht)

Hi, I would like to know if there is an application in Linux able to read and view documents in MHTML format (these are the documents, for example, that the M.I.Explorer generates when you do save as > unique file *.mht).

I tried some browsers (mozilla, konqueror, opera) and mail clients (Kmail), and they do not support this format. I also searched through internet and someone said that I had to rename these documents as *.eml , but it doesn't work.

I think it is not a very strange issue! It is a standard format and I thought it would not be so difficult to be managed for applications.

Can somebody help me?

Linux Guru
    it may be a standard format, have its own RFC etc, but its not very widly used or well known. I cannot find a suitable linux viewer either.

Solution: Save your pages in a different format.

Jason

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonlambert
    it may be a standard format, have its own RFC etc, but its not very widly used or well known. I cannot find a suitable linux viewer either.

Solution: Save your pages in a different format.

Jason
    Thank you very much. I've got to use this format, as in my webpage I provide users the option to save the page in mht through a php script which "transforms" HTML to MHTML. Browsers can save pages but I want to make easy to the user to save pages directly.

Well, I'll keep trying to find a solution...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    please do let us know if you find one, as im sure it is inevitable that someone else will ask the same question as you in the future.

Thanks,

Jason

Just Joined!
    it is possible to use opera, now..