Find the answer to your Linux question:
I wanted to run Stella for some old Atari games but I get an error that libasound.so.2 cannot be found. I can't seem to get a .rpm to install libasound. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    sam
    Just Joined!

Stella & libasound.so.2

I wanted to run Stella for some old Atari games but I get an error that libasound.so.2 cannot be found. I can't seem to get a .rpm to install libasound. I'm using Redhat 9.

Thanks for any help

Linux Engineer
    i think that file belongs to libadl... see if you can find that package.. if not, post back and i'll help you figure out what lib that belongs to...
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

sam
    Just Joined!
    I failed miserably on findrpm and sourceforge. I have found seversal Alsa packages that appear to contain libasound.so.2 but I can't make them unpack. They are all .src.rpm. Is that binary or something? Need compiling?

Linux Engineer
    those are source RPM's.. you will have to install and then compile them.. shouldn't be too difficult.. just find out where RH is sticking the sources, change to that directory and then read the files INSTALL and README
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

sam
    Just Joined!
    Thanks for the help. I'll give it a shot.