Find the answer to your Linux question:
Tried to install k3b and had a prob which was fixed by upgrading to latest xfree. However this has given another prob - can't find libxinerama.so.1. ????????????????????? Help Ta....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

k3b prob

Tried to install k3b and had a prob which was fixed by upgrading to latest xfree. However this has given another prob - can't find libxinerama.so.1.

?????????????????????

Help

Ta.
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

Linux Engineer
    are you using a dual-head setup?? if so, you'll have to install the xinerama extensions to X.. if you're not, then you'll need to reconfig whatever was trying to access that lib...
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

Linux Engineer
    No dual head here. Any idea how to do these extensions
    ??
    Lansbury's Lido

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    it's not needed if you're not running a dual head.. i would check XF86Config and make sure that there is nothing about xinerama there.. and then check the options that you compiled xfree and the other program with during the ./configure step of compilation (assuming you compiled from source)...

xinerama is the X extensions for dual head displays.... don't know why it is trying to use it if you have never set it up nor had a need for it...
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

Linux Engineer
    Hehe, also upgraded nvidia drivers. Slackware is now shafted big time

At boot it mounts the files read only and won't let me log in. Keeps giving errors about dodgy files. Can't be arsed to fire up knoppix and go hunting for a fix.

Have now installed stage3 Gentoo (at the 5th attempt) and damn me if it isn't working . Will see if I can break this one.

Ta

BTW, you don't get many apps with a Gentoo install do ya. This is gonna take a while to tweak to me satisfaction.
    Lansbury's Lido

Linux Engineer
    hehe.. no, you don't get anything but a bootable linux box with a gentoo install.. you have to decide what you need/want and install it...