Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok heres the deal. I am using Ubuntu edgy on a 64bit system trying to install democracy from the site. I DL the right file, then it tells me to: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

democracy problem

ok heres the deal. I am using Ubuntu edgy on a 64bit system trying to install democracy from the site. I DL the right file, then it tells me to:

* install the packages mozilla-browser and mozilla-psm from ubuntu's repositories with the following command (or using Synaptic Package Manager): sudo apt-get install mozilla-browser mozilla-psm (i did this)

* double click (or right click and select "Open with gdebi") on the deb files so they are opened with gdebi, first democracyplayer-data_0.8.4.1-1_all.deb and after that democracyplayer_0.8.4.1-1_i386.deb

when I try to open with gdebi i get this error: Conflicts with the installed package 'j2re1.4'
    I am new to Ubuntu, very noobish i need some help fixing this.

P.S. i am trying to use other video players because when i click any video file to open with VLC or moive player it auto logs me out! then i have to re login

I've had a similar problem with every media player I tried on Fedora Core 6, it froze then logged me out. I am using ATI Radeon X1650 256Mb with fglrx drivers. The problem was in my xorg.conf file - I had removed the line that said

Section...
    Option "composite" "disable" -removed

After that it seems to work. Be carefull when messing with your xorg.conf file, trust me!
    Gentoo 2.6.24 amd64
    AMD Anthlon 64 X2, 2 GB RAM, Asus M2N-MX, nVidia GeForce 9600GT 512Mb, 250Gb + 160Gb HDDs