Find the answer to your Linux question:
Is it possible to download/install and run Apple's Aperture 1.5 program on a Linux box? My daughter is starting a photography business and can not afford the $3200 for the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Will Apple's Aperture 1.5 run on a Linux OS

Is it possible to download/install and run Apple's Aperture 1.5 program on a Linux box?

My daughter is starting a photography business and can not afford the $3200 for the Macbook Pro laptop right now. She has an older laptop with XP, and uses Photoshop to edit all her pictures.

I tried to load photoshop 7 on my Linux box, but some of the editing tools that she uses do not work.

I do not want this to get into a discussion on the merits or detriments of Gimp. She and I have both tried it. Gimp does not appeal to her. I use it for minor things but find Photoshop (run with Windows) much more versatile.

She eventually wants to move into an Apple so she can use Aperature 1.5, and I know nothing about them. I thought I would ask the dumb question first.

Thanks for your response.

AMD XP-M 2800+
    1 gb RAM
    Dual Boot from two hdd's
    Suse 10.1 and XP

Linux Newbie
    I don't know if Aperture will run on Linux, but there is a competing program called LightZone that does. LightZone is free for use on Linux, but costs money for Windows and OS X.