Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, i have a friend that has some CD's he's made on his CD writer and since getting his cd writer, i think his writing lens has been misaligned. This ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Dodgy CD's

Hi, i have a friend that has some CD's he's made on his CD writer and since getting his cd writer, i think his writing lens has been misaligned. This causes the CD's only to read in his pc, and now i think the lens has misaligned again, so now it's got CD's that have data on them, but can't access it as the data is not at the start of the disk.

Does anyone know of an app that will be able to retreive the data off the cd, eiuther for SuSE 9.0 pro, or Win XP Have tried downloads.com and can't find anything on there.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Just Joined!
    you can retrive data from programs like iso buster but the data retrived will not be intact, and it will take a long time, it might be better for your friend to return his cd burner so he dosen't have that melon sucking up power

Yeh, my friend has bought a new DVD writer instead, but the data on his cd's he would obviously like back. I know you can send them off to companies, but we got a quote of 300 PER CD!!! so for only a few cd's ur already into thousands of pounds.... oh well, off i go to look for software again!! Cheers anyway.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    Haven't used it myself, but this one's only $40US:
    http://www.jufsoft.com/badcopy/cd_recovery.asp
    \"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.\"
    Albert Einstein

i have tried the free trial of that one, and EVERYTHING else off downloads.com i believe!!! Anyone think of anywhere else to try downloading off?