Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am new to using kaudiocreator. I'm trying to rip and encode several CD's for my daughter for use on her ipod. Kaudiocreator seems easy enough to use and encode ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

kaudiocreator setting mp3 bit rate?

I am new to using kaudiocreator. I'm trying to rip and encode several CD's for my daughter for use on her ipod. Kaudiocreator seems easy enough to use and encode to mp3 but how do you set the default bit rate of the mp3??? I've checked in the settings and there's no option for setting the bit rate that I can find.

It seems some of the mp3's are encoding at a bit rate of 182 kbps and others are encoding at 226 kbps. This doesn't make sense to me. Is there an easy way to encode either at a CBR of 256 kbps or 192 kbps, or choose a VBR between 192 & 256?

Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Linux Newbie
    You adjust the settings through KControl or System Settings. I depends upon your distro for which you see. One of them should be in your KMenu.

On Kubuntu I run System Settings, click the Advanced button, and select the Audio Encoding icon. The MP3 Encoder tab is what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsolin
    You adjust the settings through KControl or System Settings. I depends upon your distro for which you see. One of them should be in your KMenu.

On Kubuntu I run System Settings, click the Advanced button, and select the Audio Encoding icon. The MP3 Encoder tab is what you want.

Thank you very much for your help with this!!!! I am using opensuse 10.2 and from your input, I have found the settings. In case anyone else is looking for this, in opensuse they are in the "Configure Desktop" settings. Click on "Sounds & Multimedia" - "Audio CD's" - "MP3 Encoder". That's it.

Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it.