Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am using SUSE Linux 10.1 and for some reason every time I run Gaim Chat and try to login with MSN protocol as soon as I get into my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Gaim Crashes

I am using SUSE Linux 10.1 and for some reason every time I run Gaim Chat and try to login with MSN protocol as soon as I get into my account it crashes. I ran it from my terminal and got this error:
    Code:
    *** glibc detected *** gaim: munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer: 0x803ae418 ***
    ======= Backtrace: =========
    it than goes on to list everything that was executed before the crash. How can I fix this problem?

Perhaps you could verify that the port MSN uses (port 1863) is not blocked by your firewall.
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!
    I don't think that its my firewall, it lets me log in and I see my contacts and who's online it only crashes moments later. Is there a way to remove Gaim and reinstall it?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    You can use kopete. Better in my opinion, I too experienced crashes with Gaim.
    Linux is like a Teepee, No Windows, No Gates, Only Apache Inside!
    Arch Linux
    Linux user #442041

Just Joined!
    so if I wont need Gaim any more how can I uninstall it?(sorry first time Linux user) And dose Kopete come with the KDE software package? Is it possible to install Kopete on my Gnome desktop without downloading it?

You can install/uninstall packages using YaST. You can check here for extra repositories.
    Anyway go to YaST type your root password->software->software management
    There you can search and find the packages you want.
    Linux is like a Teepee, No Windows, No Gates, Only Apache Inside!
    Arch Linux
    Linux user #442041