Find the answer to your Linux question:
If i were to rsync SuSE 9.0 to my server, and get a script to rsync it weekly, i know the updates will be ok, but when SuSE 9.1 is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

rsync question

If i were to rsync SuSE 9.0 to my server, and get a script to rsync it weekly, i know the updates will be ok, but when SuSE 9.1 is out, if i then rsync SuSE 9.1 to the same folder, will it be ok? Or would it b better to rsync SuSE 9.1 to a different folder?
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Well...I would be inclined to think that it wouldn't hurt anything...but I would also be hesitant to try and risk borking my system (well...not really...but I *should* be ). I think that this is a situation where you just have to implement Trial and Error if you can afford it (or make the proper backups).

But to get a better idea of what you are doing...What are you rsyncing? A SuSE install? What function does this provide, etc.?
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

No, i am rsync'ing the install files for SuSE. SuSE as a distro don't offer iso files for download. Instead you simply download a 20 meg CD boot image that allows you to install off the net, so what i was going to do was to rsync the latest version of SuSE onto my server, and then as and when i need to install/reinstall linux, i can do it effectively over the net at 100mbps if i keep the rsync up2date.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327