Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have just bought a Nokia E65. It's a brilliant phone, and I love it. The camera on it is quite good, and I want to post them to my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Nokia E65

I have just bought a Nokia E65. It's a brilliant phone, and I love it. The camera on it is quite good, and I want to post them to my blog, 87purpleelephants.com/taliaslife, but I can't seem to get my phone to connect to my computer (it's connecting via USB).

I have a Toshiba laptop with Ubuntu installed.

Does anyone have any advice for connecting it? I received an installation disk with the phone, but it's for Windows 2000/ XP only.

Is there a program that will let me run it, or is there something I can download to get it to work? I won't even pick up as an external 'thing' on my computer.

Just Joined!
    hi,

I guess none of the mobile phone drivers can be installed or used in linux.

But any mobile phone having USB interface, can be easily accessed in Linux.

Once you connect the cell with USB cable to your laptop, the cell is treated as a usb memory chip. after that you need to find the device name of the cell, which is acting like an usb memory device.

You can find the device name using "dmesg" command. Then mount that device on to the any of the directory, then you can browse through your collections in phone. i.e your snaps, mp3 etc..

--Regards
    rajesh

Just Joined!
    I know this might sound stupid of me, but I've plugged my phone in, and put dmesg into the terminal. What now?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close