Find the answer to your Linux question:
First, I'm a Linux newbie so simple suggestions/questions/etc Have had OpenSuse 10.2 running fine for a few weeks as a dual boot with XP. Opera 9.10 (if I remember) was ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question Opera quit loading - Suse 10.2 - Mozilla Fine

First, I'm a Linux newbie so simple suggestions/questions/etc

Have had OpenSuse 10.2 running fine for a few weeks as a dual boot with XP.

Opera 9.10 (if I remember) was part of the default install and worked fine. Since the install, I've done a few manual and I would assume several automated system updates without any problems. I don't really know what all I've installed to this point as I just click whatever's in the update list. I didn't add anything Saturday night as I wasn't on the machine.

The weird thing is that Opera worked fine Saturday night and wouldn't as of Sunday (yesterday). When I launch the application, I get the bouncing "O" icon with the cursor, it indicates the program in the task bar, then it all disappears after a minute or so.

So far:
    I've rebooted the machine
    Updated w/Yast
    Removed and re-installed
    Removed again and tried to install latest version from Opera.com w/Yast (right click->actions->install w/Yast). Got some error message about another program accessing the packages (or something to that effect - my questions about that belong elsewhere).

As of now, Opera is not installed.

What would everyone's suggestions be? Opera's website doesn't have the most info and I didn't find anything like this with either a Google or forum search.

Like I mentioned, I'm new to Linux so I have no idea how to look @ logs/errors/etc. of what the problem might be.

Thanks!!

Fixed

Did a bunch of updates and installed 9.2 - seems to work fine now.

This sure is different than XP!