Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok, im trying to do this so I can get my GeForce 2 to work and to play some 3D games. (Counter-Strike, BF 1942, Cube, etc) So how do I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to install XFree86 on DamnSmallLinux!

Ok, im trying to do this so I can get my GeForce 2 to work and to play some 3D games. (Counter-Strike, BF 1942, Cube, etc) So how do I get about this? I tried to use "apt-get install xfree86" and others but it cant find any XF86. Is ther a way to install it, and boot into that instead of Xvesa? Im running DSL 0.6.3. Thanx in advanced!

Linux Engineer
    May I ask why you use damn small linux?

Just Joined!
    Long story... when I gave back my friend his Fedora Core 1, I accidently gave him my RedHat Linux9 1st cd with him, I cant get a hold of him for some time now. I didn't realize I was missing my first cd of RH9 until I erased Fedora Core 1. (because I couldn't get my xine, and some other things to work properly) So I was left with my damnsmall linux,(which I use for my older hardware, with smaller harddrives) and so I just installed that. I cant get a copy of the first cd of RH9 because I dont have a burner. So ya... thats why.