Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Well, you said it all.....new laptop worked out of the box......"with extras" I meant packages with legal restrictions (such as libdvdcss), I didn't mean extra drivers or anything like that. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Well, you said it all.....new laptop worked out of the box......"with extras"
    I meant packages with legal restrictions (such as libdvdcss), I didn't mean extra drivers or anything like that.
    Ubuntu also worked perfectly
    Here is another Linux Developer idea. Who cares about all the flavours? Just make them for models of computers! I would love one that enables all the features of my Compaq R4000 Laptop. I don't care about Mandriva's needs, or Fedora's. I just want Linux to work with what I paid good money for. Out of the box. No extras. I would pay good money for that, in order to avoid Microsoft......who currently makes the only operating system that works with everything on my computer.
    Good idea, but it have been discussed LOTS of times and is product of misunderstanding on how Linux works
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Pablo View Post
    I meant packages with legal restrictions (such as libdvdcss), I didn't mean extra drivers or anything like that.
    Ubuntu also worked perfectly

Good idea, but it have been discussed LOTS of times and is product of misunderstanding on how Linux works
    Well, I'm still working away here and learning.

Keith

Just Joined!
    OK, I am comfortable with linux, but when I tried to install Blender (download from blender.org), it does not run. I am running Fedora Core 7, and the download was a tar.bz2. When I extracted the file, I got a folder with what looked like two runnable icons in it. One said "blender" and the other said "blender player," but nothing happens when I click on them! When I tried running from a terminal, I got "./blender: error while loading shared libraries: libalut.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" when trying to run either application.

What is going on and how do I fix it? Am I just missing the libalut.so.0 library?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2