Find the answer to your Linux question:
i installed the new libnet and did the whole ./configure, make, make install routine. but when i try to ./configure firewalk i get it saying "no libnet, no firewalk". not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

libnet question, help !!!!!

i installed the new libnet and did the whole ./configure, make, make install routine. but when i try to ./configure firewalk i get it saying "no libnet, no firewalk". not sure what to do here or how to check and see if libnet is actually there, any help would be appreciated. im runnning redhat7.3 and kernel 2.18-3. thanx in advance.

Linux Guru
    Check in /etc/ld.so.conf so that /usr/local/lib is listed, and if it isn't, add it and run ldconfig. Then try again.

Just Joined!

nope didnt work

still didnt work, but it also wasnt in the ld.so.conf file so i added it and ran again and got the same thing as before. here is some more info for yall to ponder and maybe think of something else wrong:

checking for libnet_build_ip in -lnet... no
    configure:error: No libnet? No firewalk.

thats the output from the ./configure when it goes bad. thanx again for the help.

smo

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    Check so that libnet was installed properly. You could check if libnet* exists in either /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib.

Just Joined!
    there is a libnet.a in the usr/lib dirsctory. should there be more than that???