Find the answer to your Linux question:
I thought I had posted this before but I could not find it. I am using pidgin right now to consolidate the mess of chat programs I have used before ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Multiple client voip and text chat software

I thought I had posted this before but I could not find it. I am using pidgin right now to consolidate the mess of chat programs I have used before to stay in touch with friends that have a variety of chat clients. It really works pretty well...what would make this kind of solution really awesome is if I could use one program to do voice chat with people that have icq, qq, msn, yahoo, etc. Is there such a program? I have seen some multiple chat clients that have voip but it seems that they have their own system for voip and cannot link to qq, icq, etc to do voice chat. Anyone seen this kind of software?

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by pengyou View Post
    I thought I had posted this before but I could not find it. I am using pidgin right now to consolidate the mess of chat programs I have used before to stay in touch with friends that have a variety of chat clients. It really works pretty well...what would make this kind of solution really awesome is if I could use one program to do voice chat with people that have icq, qq, msn, yahoo, etc. Is there such a program? I have seen some multiple chat clients that have voip but it seems that they have their own system for voip and cannot link to qq, icq, etc to do voice chat. Anyone seen this kind of software?
    One possibility is Jabbin. It's a Jabber based IM client with VoIP support. It uses the Jingle VoIP protocol and is compatible with Google Talk. I'm not sure about other VoIP programs.