Find the answer to your Linux question:
Whenever I try to intall Hydrogen from hydrogen-music.org, the configure goes well, but whenever I try to do "make" I get the following error: Code: [root@localhost hydrogen-0.9.3]# make make[1]: Entering ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hydrogen help

Whenever I try to intall Hydrogen from hydrogen-music.org, the configure goes well, but whenever I try to do "make" I get the following error:
    Code:
     [root@localhost hydrogen-0.9.3]# make
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/shane/Desktop/hydrogen-0.9.3'
    g++ -c -pipe -g -w -O2 -D_REENTRANT  -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/lib/qt3/mkspecs/default -I. -I. -Isrc -I/usr/lib/qt3//include -o src/tinystr.o src/lib/xml/tinystr.cpp
    src/lib/xml/tinyxml.h:828: error: extra qualification ‘TiXmlDeclaration::’ on member ‘TiXmlDeclaration’
    make[1]: *** [src/tinystr.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/shane/Desktop/hydrogen-0.9.3'
    make: *** [hydrogenPlayer] Error 2
    Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it so that I can build Hydrogen? Thanks.

Banned
    Is there any other versions of Hydrogen on the site? I would maybe try and get the most recent, if it is the most recent maybe downgrade to the version before.
    It looks like something isn't quite right in the code.

You could possibly join their mailing list and tell them of the error too

Linux Guru
    Which distro are you using? openSuse and Ubuntu already have prebuilt releases of Hydrogen in the repositories, it could save you some aggravation.

Just Joined!
    I'm using Mandriva, I've already checked on the installation dvd for it (sigh)... I tried using the older versions of it, but the same error occurs. In the meantime I think I'll join the mailing list like Andrew suggested and see if they can help me out.

Linux Guru
    Have you tried Easy Urpmi ? It allows you to install packages and resolve problems directly over the internet. If you haven't tried setting this up I would strongly suggest it. You will have masses of software at your fingertips for free. I would be very surprised if there wasn't already a Hydrogen package built and waiting for you.

Just Joined!
    Bigtomrodney, you get the hero of the day award. That Easy Urpmi thing is pretty much the god of all Linux... I got Hydrogen and Ardour working, thanks for the help!