Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm looking for a Bittorrent client, that I can download as a .deb and doesn't need complicated configuration to work with my browser, that can handle large ISOs so I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need Bittorrent client that'll handle large Torrents

I'm looking for a Bittorrent client, that I can download as a .deb and doesn't need complicated configuration to work with my browser, that can handle large ISOs so I can run a few distros from VMs.

I've tried out to, the one included in Ubuntu and the the one in Opera. The Ubuntu one puts the browser in charge, downloads the file but not any of the data and the one in Opera simply won't download them.

Any suggestions?

The most popular clients out there in my experience are Azureus (Linux,Mac,Windows) and uTorrent (Windows). Both should suit your needs. I don't think any client has limits or problems on filesize.

Yeah, Azureus is a very common and good one. It's written in Java, so it's cross-platform. I've used it for downloading many ISOs and other large files, so I know it handles them well.

I prefer to use Ktorrent myself, but its really just a preference thing. As far as I know, there is no setting up involved once you install it. It just works.

It also has the nice little feature where if there are a lot of files in a torrent, you can pick and chose the ones to download.

check it out
    Living the digital dream....
    Disclaimer: I may be wrong since I was once before.
    Breathe out so I can breathe you in ~~Everlong

I have also use Azureus and KTorrent, I prefer KTorrent not because it is better (which it is not) but because it is less strict if you're behind NAT, Azureus have given me port issues before. Nothing that can't be sorted with a little configuration though

Just Joined!
    You can also try deluge-torrent or freeloader (general downloader).

Also keep in mind that azureus is a bit heavy. I prefer ktorrent also.
    Linux is like a Teepee, No Windows, No Gates, Only Apache Inside!
    Arch Linux
    Linux user #442041