Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've just discovered slrn. It's a pretty neat little newsreader. However it doesn't seem to be decoding binary files properly. After I've tagged the files in their proper order using ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need Help using slrn

I've just discovered slrn. It's a pretty neat little newsreader. However it doesn't seem to be decoding binary files properly. After I've tagged the files in their proper order using '#' and hit ':' to decode, it asks if I want to save the tagged articles. Then it prompts me for a temporary file name which defaults to my decode_directory value plus the name of the current newsgroup. After it finishes downloading the file, it asks if I want to decode it. Then it asks if I want to delete it. Decoding takes a split second which leads me to believe nothing is happening. If I delete the temporary file, I'm left with nothing.

I thought maybe the temporary file was the decoded file, but after renaming it to a .zip, it was not a recognizable zip file.

I'm running Fedora Core 6 and using slrn version 0.9.8.1pl1-2.fc6 from the repo.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Just Joined!
    I figured out the problem. They were encoded with yEnc, not uuencode. Apparently slrn doesn't support yEnc.