Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello. For the last long while Ive used K3B as my burning tool. Its really great, and its done everything ive ever needed it too. The problem is that it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Lightweight burning tool

Hello. For the last long while Ive used K3B as my burning tool. Its really great, and its done everything ive ever needed it too.

The problem is that it relies on the KDE base packages, completely bloating my ever-so-slim system. For one program, its not worth it, especially when all I want is to make data and iso files. Maybe occasionally rip some music off CDs.

I'm looking for something much more lighweight, but easy to use at the same time. It cant need kde, and preferably gnome either. Just a standalone little program with a simple GUI.

Any recommendations?
    Living the digital dream....
    Disclaimer: I may be wrong since I was once before.
    Breathe out so I can breathe you in ~~Everlong

oz
    forum.guy
    Take a look at Graveman. It's just what you describe, and it doesn't need Gnome or KDE stuff.

Or consider burning by command line.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    Take a look at Graveman. It's just what you describe, and it doesn't need Gnome or KDE stuff.

Or consider burning by command line.
    I tried command line once a while back before I was proficient with the command line... Didnt work for me. I might look into it again and learn how to do it. Once I learn the syntax for the CLI tools I often find it faster than any GUI alternative. Its just getting to that 'familiar' point thats the problem.

Until then I'll look at graveman. thanks!
    Living the digital dream....
    Disclaimer: I may be wrong since I was once before.
    Breathe out so I can breathe you in ~~Everlong

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close