so I'm taking another step towards ditching anything particularly graphical. (or at least making a non-graphical alternative to everything so I can do anything via an ssh connection) and I have pretty much replaced pidgin with gtmess. Everyone i know uses MSN, so I'm kinda pressured into it no matter how much i hate it.

Anyway, the point is that every other program i have, the backspace key works. Gtmess? not so much. However, ctrl+h works as backspace while in said program. Whats the best approach to fixing this? Do you think there is a way to tell just this program to translate ctrl+h to backspace? or should I re-map the keys entirely across my entire system? I'm sure if I did that I would find a use for ctrl+h in some other program and it wouldnt work. A system-wide keyboard re-mapping would cause some other problems somewhere else, so if theres anything else I could do I'd look into it.

I have never had a problem like this before, so I might not seem like the quickest person around :P