Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have a Sempron Duo of 2.8Ghz, with 256MB Ram, an Intel Motherboard with audio and video integrated, and I want to know if it is enough to install ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Smile Beryl Requirements

Hi, I have a Sempron Duo of 2.8Ghz, with 256MB Ram, an Intel Motherboard with audio and video integrated, and I want to know if it is enough to install Beryl and that it works fine, or if it is extremely necessary to have an Video Target.

Thanks

in any case you can give it a tr , but the most important part are the VGA and the RAM wish are not enough in your case , and also i guess you have intel 910 or 915 integrated VGA,with my experience this will not run correct , but there is a option in beryl to reduce the effects.

Regards.
    Linux is not only an operating system, it's a philosophy.
    Archost.

Beryl will run on light onboard video chips. I have even run it on intel 845 GMA. The only thing that didn't work was the water effects as the needed opengl extension was not supported on that chip. I would recommend more RAM in general if you can but don't worry if it's onboard video. Is it an nVidia chip onboard?

You right, I saw beryl running on a AGP nvidia 7050 VGA and i thought if it's the first time i see it, it was perfect all the effect runs fast.

Regards.
    Linux is not only an operating system, it's a philosophy.
    Archost.