I'm currently trying to install the Macromedia flash plugin and for some reason, it doens't work well. I've pretty much installed it correctly and even verified that the lib files are copied into the right plugin directory.
The problem however is this. During installation, it said that ttfonts and urwfonts need to be on the machine. I have urwfonts but I really can't find any references to ttfonts under FC1. I've searched rpmfind.net and the closest thing I found was RPMs for RH7.3 or Yellow Dog. Any help is greatly apprecited.
what browser are u trying to make it work with, check taht the browser it set up to look for plugins wherever flash installed to.
That is actually a common problem with the Flash plugin on FC1. The thing is that it uses an old version of the C++ library that FC1 doesn't ship with (since it's obsolete). If you run ldd on the Flash plugin .so file, you'll see the library name that it tries to link with (it will say 'not found' on one of them). I don't remember the exact package name that it comes from, but search for the missing library on rpmfind.net, and you should be able to find it.
At times like this, I really feel like I just studied to pass the LPI exams rather than really learn them to use them to my advantage.
Using ldd on the flash plugin, one of the older C++ library files were missing. In my attempt to get rid of packages that I think I didn't need, the pacakge compat-libstdc++ was removed from my machine a couple of days ago. Now that it's installed again, it looks like it's working just fine.