GamCat 0.0.39 release
This is an application written by me. Its a CD/DVD cataloging program with wide range of abilities. I intend to write a really good program for Linux which would take the place of WhereIsIt program for Windows.
- Scanning removable devices, partitions and folders
- Scanning inside RAR, ACE, ZIP, ARJ and TAR archives
- Advanced search options
- Advanced search result filtering
- Exporting the results
- Browsing the scanned archive file
- Virtual Compilation. This is an option to create a CD/DVD from the files listed in database in form of k3b project and .ISO file
- Managing the disks and video DVDs, you can add video DVDs from a filelist in .TXT format.
- Managing your customers, to know to whom you've given your disks and when.
- Rating your disks and specifying their genres
- Searching through disk and finding disks given on a specific date
- Added categories, which are basically the same things as genres, yet the overview is enhanced.
- You can add your notes to each media added
- You can remove catalog/genre types.
- You can rename the scanned content/ the filenames with double-click
- You can exclude certain files from being scanned (like Thumbs.db or ReadMe.txt)
- You can search through categories
- Now you can quickly remove unwanted hits from within the search results by a right-click menu.
- Ability to handle multiple disks rating and genre at the same time using the button 'Fx' on the "Register" tab.
I'd really appreciate any testing and suggestions.