Pidgin - I cannot use my B key, PLEASE HELP!!!
Wasn't sure where to post this.
I've just recently switched in Ubuntu 8.04. Loving it a lot. Just wish i could get my external monitor to full widescreen.
ANYWHO...i am using pidgin for IM and about 5 days ago, my B button stopped working when i am typing messages. Now it only controls the toggle for logging on/off.
This is driving me crazy, i use it for work a lot and cannot find ways to say a lot of things without using the letter B. I have tried the following to fix it:
- Remove a global shortcut i had that was using Alt+B. Rebooted.
- Reinstalled Pidgin. Rebooted
- Completely removed Pidgin and reinstalled. Reboot
- Completely removes Pidgin and depackaged 2.5.4 from Deb files. Reboot.
- Turned off logging completely in the preferences section and the chat window menu.
None of it had any effect.
Everything works fine, except this.
Someone PLEASE HELP ME, it seems no one has had this problem before, i have searched for the past few days and found NOTHING.