Qemu Hell...help is appreciated
Hello, linux newbie here...
well before I get to my specific problem, I'm running Xubuntu 9.10 (karmic) on a Playstation 3 (PPC). I am attempting to install "Qemu-launcher".
1. Tried to install "qemu-launcher" via "Add / Remove Applications". it gave me an error about conflicting packages, and deferred me to Synaptic Package Manager.
2. Tried to install "qemu-launcher" in Synaptic Package Manager.
error: "Could not mark all packages for installation or upgrade -- the following packages have unresolvable dependencies. Make sure that all required repositories are added and enabled in the preferences. -- qemu-launcher: Depends: qemu-kvm (>=0.11.0~rc1) but it is not installable"
3. Tried to download "qemu-launcher" via "apt-get" in terminal - same error as in Synaptic
4. Attempted to download "qemu-kvm" via "apt-get" in terminal:
"package qemu-kvm is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source. E: package qemu-kvm has no installation candidate."
5. Found and downloaded "qemu-kvm-0.11.0~rc1.orig.tar.gz". Extracted archive.
6. Compiled and installed via terminal:
sudo make install
7. Next tried to download "Qemu-launcher" in;
"Add / Remove Applications" : referred to Synaptic
Synaptic Package Manager - same error as before (doesn't recognize that i've installed it)
8. Found and Downloaded "qemu-launcher_1.7.4.tar.gz" Extracted archive.
9. installed via terminal:
sudo make install
10. Now "qemu-launcher" installed, but will not run.
Also, Synaptic does not recognize that I have it installed. And finally, there is no "qemu" in root/usr/bin. what should I do? i'm all out of ideas. thanks so much.